Friday 30 March 2012

Love At First Blush



Stila is a brand I always wanted to try more of but just wasn't sure what products to try. I already own a blush by them which I bought on sale from the Debenhams website but had never gone further than that. I had seen some of their previous limited edition products before but had never been able to get my hands on them. You'll probably know from my previous posts that if a product has cute packaging/looks pretty then I'm all over it. I'd seen this blush and knew I wanted to try it. Then I found the gift set with the 2 lip glosses. The blush itself retails for $14 and the set sells for $20 so $6 for 2 lip glazes I thought was a bargain. I purchased this from the Sephora amazon store. It is still available from the Sephora website which also has the individual blush. Not sure if they sell in stores though. 


The blush palette comes with three colours, a light lilac pink, a bubblegum pink and a more vibrant pink. The design is embossed with hearts. The top and bottom shades are more shimmery than the middle, however when applied the shimmer is quite subtle and not as harsh as in the photo. When applying this I sweep my brush downwards and then sideways so that I can try to get an even amount of all three rather than having three lines of colour. These shades can also be used separately. 


The two lip glazes came in the colours Pinkle Twinkle and Bubble Gum. Pinkle Twinkle is a shimmery berry/corally colour and Bubble Gum is more of a subtle pink when applied. I'd never used a Stila lip glaze before and was eager to apply it because I hadn't used a brush tip applicator either. You get 1.5 ml of product and to apply you need to turn the top to get the product out. I liked the brush tip which made it easy to apply. I'm definitely a fan of Stila more so now after trying this. 

You can buy Stila Cosmetics from www.stilacosmetics.com and they now have a UK website www.Stila.co.uk. You can also purchase from boots stores and www.boots.com & www.debenhams.com

Have you tried any of these products? Have you tried any Stila products before? Are you a fan of this brand?


6 comments:

  1. That's a real bargain- I love stilla and it tends tobe cheaper than most department store brands!
    Jen@www.pret-a-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a beautiful blush!
    Maddy
    thoughtsofagirloncrutches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it :) Stila have come out with some really pretty blushes in the past x

      Delete
  3. That blush is so pretty! I wouldn't want to use it though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought at first lol Glad I photographed before using :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...