Monday 9 April 2012

Nude Tude Palette



This is the first all "nude" palette I own. I haven't bought the naked, naked 2 or the natural eye palette's yet. Every time I go to buy them, some limited edition products/collection gets released and I find myself spending the money on that instead because the others "will always be there". This was probably the hardest to find palette I have ever purchased, including the Alice in Wonderland book of shadows long after it sold out. 

I knew I wanted to try this palette as soon as I'd discovered TheBalm brand and my love for it is increasing with each product. I did some searching online around November/December time and found a few UK websites that sold this… but to my disappointment they were all sold out. FeelUnique.com and Next.com both claimed to stock this item but still after 6 months of checking their websites neither have restocked and I doubt they ever will. I'd rather they just remove it altogether. 

{Free makeup bag with my order}

I finally decided to order from the official website but had to settle for the "nice" version. This palette comes in two different designs, the nice version and the naughty version. Basically as the palette is "nude" the naughty version has naked women behind each eye shadow pairing. Don't worry there isn't any real nudity it's just a bit of fun with packaging and I personally loved this idea. Unfortunately this version was sold out on TheBalm's website so I figured I'd purchase the nice version or else I could be waiting another six months before having the chance to buy it again. I think it's a good idea that they have the option to buy both as the naughty version may not be everyone's cup of tea. One thing I will mention is the shipping on this item was very reasonable (I shipped to a US address) and my items were shipped the day after purchase which I was very impressed with, I also received a free makeup bag with my order!


The packaging of this palette is very 50s style as with most of TheBalm's products. There are 12 eye shadows in total and comes with a double ended eyeshadow and liner brush. Each of the twelve shadows are named with an "S" word which I thought was a cute idea and ties the whole palette together. 

The shades in this palette are a little different compared to what I've seen in the Urban Decay palette's there seems to be a bit more colour which I think is great because they're subtle enough to still fit the description of "nude". There are no matte shades in this palette, some have a subtle sheen to them and the rest are quite shimmery but not in the chunky glitter way. As far as formula and colour pay-off goes, these eyeshadows are great quality very pigmented and smooth to apply. They're also quite long lasting and I never noticed them creasing. I would still recommend using a primer with them though. I haven't used the brush that comes with it as it looks quite scratchy but I keep it in there anyways in case I ever have to use it. 

This palette costs $36 and is available from www.thebalm.com and www.sephora.com 

Have you used this palette? Are you looking to purchase it? What is your favourite nude palette?


16 comments:

  1. I REALLY need this in my life. I can't get enough of theBalm lately. :D Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette looks absolutely lovely!!
    I really like how the shades are placed rather than in a straight order!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that too, I think the packaging is important

      x

      Delete
  3. I've been contemplating this pallet for a while, but was afraid I might not like it because of the lack of matte, which was my complaint with urban decays nakeds. but half of them don't seen to be that shimmery from your photo. I think I'm going to give this pallet a go. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) There aren't any matte shadows in this which kind of suck but TheBalm does do an all matte palette :)

      Delete
  4. Really pretty, I like the medium shades the best and I don't mind there are some that have a bit more colour to them. I only have one theBalm product (the highlighter) which I quite like and I do want to try some more of their stuff. I have both Urban Decay Naked 1 & 2 which is my neutral eyeshadows covered for me though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get the naked palette already haha, they have a lot of nice colours :)

      Delete
  5. This looks like a really good alternative to the Naked palettes. Just wanted to stop but and let you know I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out here - http://the-glow-down.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen, that's so nice of you! :) Will do my award post soon xx

      Delete
  6. Wow, the bag and the box both look so unique!! Great review with swatches!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Let's Twitter Together
    Friend and Fan on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both of them, so glad I got the bag with it too :)

      x

      Delete
  7. this all looks so good!
    love your blog, can't wait to read more posts :)
    xo Georgie
    http://georgiesglambition.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an amazing palette I so need to get this now! All the colors look amazing and something I could wear.


    http://fashionxfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of this palette. I like that you can have subtle looks or something a bit more dressed up :)

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...