Wednesday 25 July 2012

Cake Decorating

My parents own their own cake shop and when I have the time I'll go and help out. A few weeks back I decided to have a go at decorating a cake of my own, I found a design I liked and went from there. I also practiced some of my cupcake piping, so let me know what you guys think!



I saw a vintage Barbie cake online and loved the colours and the vintage silhouette so I decided to make one of my own. The silhouette I hand painted on with black food colouring from a photo I found online. I didn't have a round cake board to use at the time so just used a square one and iced that with the cake. I love pink and black and think the colours go so well together, I finally added some pink bows to the hair and board. I'm still practicing my fondant bows and trying to make tiny ones is really fiddly.

I also practiced my piped flowers, I tried two different designs, one of them was the rose design. I definitely think I'm improving and I'm happy with how they came out. 


What do you guys think?





6 comments:

  1. Everything looks amazing, you did such a good job, I would love to have parents who own a cake shop! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael these are actually amazing! As I'm sure you know even if you're too modest to say it! I wish this rachael had your talent!

    rachael xxx
    rivasoave.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps. This seems to be the place for Rachaels to meet ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm your newest follower! :) Nice name btw ;) (I'm a Rachael too!) The cakes look incedible! xx
    Island Girl Insights ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing! :) I would love to get better at my cake decorating.. Maybe I'll take a class one day... :)

    Owning a bakery would be a great thing one day as well! Love your blog.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cakes look delicious and very British!

    xo Natasha
    http://thenightiswild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...